Catching Up

In what can only be described as being in 'classic Zoe style' as soon as I had caught up with the progress in the garden I stopped blogging... Whoops. So I'm going to catch the blog up at the speed of light so I can talk about some of the projects I'm planning to do this year!

I painted the back fence black, and I LOVE IT. I'm a full member of the black fence club, if you have a fence you should paint it black, I get so many compliments on it and a year on it's still looking fresh. It took the fence from tired and old, to looking brand new and is the perfect backdrop for the plants.

 

I used Cuprinol Garden Shades in the colour 'Black Ash'

I cleared the raised gravel area (future greenhouse home but being used as a seating area for now), and we bought some garden furniture from Aldi! It's sad but I've always wished we had a big enough garden for furniture like this, many a WFH lunch was spent sat on it last year! This meant also clearing the ivy (including what was growing on my neighours garage roof), here's a little before and after: 


I put some wires on the fence for my climbing rose (Mary Delany from David Austin), if you have concrete fence posts I highly recommend these from Rivelin Glen, a friend saw them and bought them for their garden, then all the neighbours saw theirs and bought them for their garden, so basically I need to be receiving commission!!! I began putting plants in the border:

 


The Amelanchier bloomed and was beautiful:

 And then, I started digging out the pond, but I will save that for the next post!!!


Comments

Popular Posts