A Provisional Plan

The garden is 12.7m wide, and 9.2m long, north/northwest facing. I would be lying if I said I didn't wish the garden was bigger, about twice as long would be ideal, but I am very happy with the width of it as it makes it feel so much more spacious. We are only overlooked by one house which is very fortunate.

This is what I have for the plan, it's definitely not going to be exactly this, I'm undecided on the pergola -worried about the shade it will cast, and the veg bed size needs to be figured out once the greenhouse is in. The brown circle is grass, the website doesn't let you do circular lawns. The size of greenhouse I've put in here is 8ft x 8ft, I always see that you should buy the largest greenhouse you can as you'll always want something bigger! The borders around the patio are going to get bigger, and I'm not sure if the lawn will be a circle I am thinking of having straight edges near the house and a curve at the top alongside the bed. We are having a tree in the back border to give us a little privacy from our neighbours bedroom window, the rest of the borders will be cottage garden style, although not true cottage garden as I won't be mixing veg in. 

I quite like to have a rough idea of what I want to do and decide the detail as I go along, it doesn't work for me to be too rigid. This year the main focus is the right side of the garden - the greenhouse base and hopefully getting some veg beds in, although removing the ivy and replacing the fence is the top priority on that side! The other focus is the middle back border, I want to get some planting established to provide cover for the birds before removing the big shrub on the right side of the garden.

The website I used to do this is from Gardena it can be a little temperamental at times but it's free and you can save your designs so I can't complain!!

Have a great day!

Comments

Popular Posts